Back To Top
Junior Check List
Throughout the year….
- Concentrate on your GPA! Keep your grades high and your courses as challenging as possible.
- Get information packets from colleges you are considering. Request them from the college’s website or call the admissions office.
- Search for scholarships that you want to apply for.
- Attend career days, college fairs, and financial aid workshops.
- Start your in-depth college visits this year!
In the fall…..
- Meet with Ms. Branam to make sure you are on the right track for the colleges you’re considering and that you are meeting graduation requirements.
- Register and take the ACT and/or the SAT. Consider this schedule:
- Take the PSAT in October
- The SAT and ACT will be administered in both the fall and spring. See Ms. Branam to sign up for these.
- The SAT and ACT can also be taken on other dates certain Saturdays throughout the year) at other campuses. Visit www.collegeboard.org and www.act.org for more information on these dates.
In the winter…..
- Review your PSAT scores with Ms. Branam.
- Register to take the ACT and/or SAT in the spring.
- Decide what camps, programs, volunteer work, and classes you want to attend or take in the summer.